Thursday, January 23, 2014

First week in Italy...


My first week in Italy was a bit lazy but it was also perfect!

I've explored my new neighborhood in Vicenza, learned the bus routes, the process for buying train tickets and have a favorite local pizzeria.

Each day our beautiful apartment feels more like home. We spent the first week in our apartment doing standard stuff, like waiting for the Wi-Fi installer and buying housewares.  My Mom bought a beautiful rug and a cute Corning wear baking dish from the thrift store on the Army base.  I love that she spent just 6€, but the rug really made the apartment feel more like a home to all of us. And now we can cook meals at home!

We were all thrilled to finally have Wi-Fi in the apartment, thanks to the installer who came on Wednesday. He had a loud, booming voice and sang opera in Italian as he worked. Even the servicemen in Italy are charming.

This week gave me time to recover from jet lag and get settled in Italy. But now, it's time to get traveling! I'll spend this weekend with my parents before I head off on my travels on Monday...!


No comments:

Post a Comment