Sunday, February 16, 2014

Antibes and Cannes

This post is part of 4 posts on Nice, Monaco, Carnavale and Antibes and Cannes. 
  • All about Nice, France. Check it out...! 
  • If you want to read about Carnavale and see my insane pictures... Check it out...
  • My tiny country profile of Monaco is here: Check it out...!
  • Antibes and Cannes is where I fell in love with yachts. Read all about it, below.
                                                         ************

On Monday, we drove down the coast to Antibes and Cannes before I dropped my parents off at the airport in Nice for their return flight to Vicenza.



In Antibes, we parked the car and decided to walk around.  









As we strolled along the streets, we came across a creperie and decided to duck inside for a quick bite.  I got a ham and cheese crepe and it was enormous and delicious! Actually, it was something other than a crepe... but I can't remember the name.  The guy explained crepes are usually filled with sweet filling.



And we ran into the cutest puppy in the world... a Cavalier King Charles spaniel.



And then we found the marina.  I've never seen so many yachts in one place. They ranged in size from large to truly enormous.



I really liked the ones that were real wood...





But, I'd take this one, too!


I think part of the fun of owning a boat would be naming her. I liked this one, named Zoe.



This one was from New York. How the heck did they get it from New York over? This little boat can't go that far, right? Did they ship it?  Is shipping a ship a thing?




And even a few yachts for sale. I fell in love with this one.  If anyone wants to buy it for me, just let me know!


After Antibes, we drove further down the coast to Cannes, home of the famous Cannes Film Festival. Sadly, we were running out of time before my parents had to be at the airport, so we only had time for a quick stop at a public beach.  I would have liked to explore the town, see the famous locations and sights. I guess I'll just have to go back!

From what I saw, Cannes is a beautiful town. Here's a few photos from the beach:







My dad...


And me...!

The French Riviera was absolutely awesome...even in February!






No comments:

Post a Comment