Monday, January 28, 2013

40 Pounds of Basset Hounds...

As of the end of January, I hit 40 pounds lost!

I finally have momentum going and that is exciting. I'm slipping into jeans I havent worn in years and piling up my "fat clothes" to go to Goodwill.  But the MOST exciting part is that I can see the difference in pictures and my friends and coworkers are noticing, too.

I absolutely loooove a good before/after photo... so here are a few!


Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of me at my heaviest (more on that in the next blog...).
But here is one from my sisters wedding in 2011.


And October 2012, after I lost 25 pounds....




And in January 2013 after losing 40 pounds....



[Note: I need to prepare for my weight loss photos better instead of taking them when I'm headed out the door for a run.  I'm wearing no makeup and have crazy hair...hence the headless horseman photos. ]

 But hopefully, dear reader, you get the point. 40 pounds... gone! 

I got to thinking...just how much is 40 pounds? What does it equate to? I did the research, blog readers!

That super morbidly obese fat cat from Sante, Fe New Mexico is 40 pounds!



An average sized 5 year old! I carried a 5 year old around for years. (Whoa.)

 4 - 10 pound bags of potatoes.  That's just math, people :)


Okay, this one is better.
An average sized basset hound...Imagine this little guy on my back, day in and day out. Pretty adorbs if he's in one of those baby snuggie things... but also, pretty exhausting!



TWO car tires.  That gives new meaning to the term "spare tire,"doesn't it? 
This crazy big fish also weighs 40 pounds!  Less cute than the basset hound.
Imagine that strapped to my middle! (Stinky.)


One of those huge 5 gallon jugs of water!  Have you ever lifted one of those? 

And finally, this 40 pound dumbell weighs 40 pounds! duh.



The day I hit 40 pounds lost, my trainer had me do 40 squats holding this 40 pound dumbell.
I dont think I'll ever forget how heavy that weight was... or how TIRED my legs were as I did squat after squat! I started complaining that I couldn't do it... I was too tired.

My trainer said something that I'll never forget.
"You don't stop when you're tired. You stop when you're done."

40 pounds lost.  40 to go.

I'm tired, but I'm not stopping.  I'll stop when I'm done...




2 comments:

  1. Congrats Jules - you look great! I need to get a pair of pants like those. I've been looking for them and just haven't found any I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Angelina! If you mean the black running pants, they're nike. IF you mean the jeans, they're dark wash Old Navy long boot cut. With a pointed toe pair of heels...they really elongate the legs! : )

    ReplyDelete